What is Abdominal Massage?
Abdominal Therapy has its roots in many cultures and healing traditions around the globe. It something we feel , everyone has laid their hands on their belly and given it a rub.
Abdominal health is central to your wellbeing on all levels
This simple and structured massage, allows you to breathe more deeply and increases circulation in the belly and pelvis.
Circulation brings vitality to all your organs… optimizing digestion, energizing the nervous system, endocrine system, and supporting reproductive health.
Abdominal Therapy is holistic in its approach to health and wellbeing. Only by treating the whole person on a physical, emotional and energetic level can true healing take place.
Who may benefit from an Abdominal Therapy appointment?
I offer Abdominal Therapy to everyone, offering support for digestive and reproductive concerns and post-surgical abdominal scars and adhesions. You may find it surprising to learn that Abdominal Therapy can also bring relief from back aches and pains.
I also offer Abdominal Therapy to support you on your fertility journey from preconception through to post-partum care.
What to expect during a session
- Comprehensive review of ‘Your Health Story’ focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help improve circulation to abdominal organs
- Massage to the back, sacrum and hips to encourage optimal alignment.
- Instruction on how to perform YAM (Your Abdominal Massage) which you do at home to continue the work long after you have left my clinic.
- Recommendations of complementary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- The wearing of a Faja (a traditional lower abdomen supportive wrap)
- Bajos (a traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya)
- Castor oil packs
- Lifestyle education.
- I will work with you to address your specific needs and may suggest a course of treatments. Typically, 3 to 6 professional sessions are required to address most conditions. Some conditions such as organ prolapse may require further attention over a longer period of time.
Treatments are available in my therapy room located in Shamley Green Surrey.
Initial consultation 2 – 2.5 hours: £130
Subsequent sessions 1.5 hours: £100
Pregnancy care and postpartum package: £650 if paid and booked in advance
6 pregnancy treatments and one postpartum home visit.
Concessions available on request, please ask ability to pay is not a requirement to receive.
“Be prayerful, meditative, grateful and loving. Live in a state of grace by forgiving everyone everything, no matter what they’ve done.” Rosita Arvigo